Saving to a Shared Network Drive
Configuring XTAM to Save Content to a Shared, Network Drive or Path.
By default, XTAM saves its content (Session Video Recordings, Exports and Temporary files) to a directory in its installation location. If you would like to change this path to a shared, network location, please perform the following steps:
- Login to XTAM as a System Administrator.
- Navigate to Administration > Settings > Parameters.
- Update the path in the following parameters as needed: Content Location, Export Location and Temporary Location.
- Network locations should be defined like this: //server/share
- Click the Save button next to each parameter that has been modified.
To test this configuration change, establish a remote session with the recording option enabled and confirm that both directories and the resulting video file (stored as a .zip file) are created in your new location or create an Export to ensure the export (stored as a .zip file) is created in your new location.