Using the Browser Extension
- Create a new record in Xton Access Manager using the type WEB Portal.
- Once the record is created, share this record with a user or group with at least the Unlock role. You may now configure XTAM to include users with Viewer permissions.
- In either Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Opera (Microsoft Edge coming soon), open the Extension store and add the Xton Access Manager extension to your browser.
Within this record, enter the following parameters:
Name: Enter an easily recognizable name for this record that will be used for selection in the extension.
Description: Optionally enter a description for this record. The description will not appear in the Extension.
URL: Enter the URL to the login or signin page that contains the web login form.
User: Enter the username to be populated.
Password: Enter the password for the username.
- Google Chrome (external link to the Xton Access Manager extension for Chrome)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge (not supported)
- Mozilla Firefox (external link to the Xton Access Manager extension for Firefox)
- Opera (see installation procedure here)
Browser Extension location in default configurations. Mozilla Firefox (top), Google Chrome (middle) and Opera (bottom).
If you are unsure, please contact your Xton Access Manager Administrator for assistance.
A user’s view of one record displayed in the Extension (left) and multiple records (right).
And that’s it.
You can continue to create additional records in XTAM server for other web portal login forms and share these with your users and teams.